Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Sunday 18 January 2009

New camera and Happy New Year

I asked Santa for a new camera for Christmas and I must have been good all year because he gave me one.

We have a perfectly good camera with 12 x zoom and lots of really good features but I didn't ever read the book and in any case it is very bulky and won't fit into my handbag.

My new, compact camera is really good, it's got a larger screen, is really compact and I've taken some great photos - so many that I'm currently re charging the battery for the umpteenth time. I'll share them next time I blog. I don't really know how to to load them onto the computer I'm using tonight. I would either have to read the book or ask my husband for advice and ... anyway I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

I like to use my own lap top. It always feels very indulgent when I connect to the internet from the comfort of my lounge in front of the T.V. with my feet up.

I intend to post to this blog more frequently this year and post the interesting photos I know I will take.

I really love the start of a new year. I'm always so motivated and full of ideas. I write them all down and truely feel as if I can achieve just about anything.

This year I've started out by resigning my daytime job as a community development worker so that I can spend more time doing what I really like... quilting. I've been going to the gym everyday and have already spent time just doing nothing at all. A pretty good start really.

No comments: