Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Sunday 2 May 2010

AQC in a day !

Once Upon a Time. My entry in the AQC Remember challenge



The fruits of my shopping spree at AQC



I had an amazingly full and rewarding day at AQC in Melbourne. I flew down to Melbourne on the 7.15am flight and back on the 7.15pm.

I know it probably makes more sense to go for the weekend but it always seems just so much more adventurous when we do it in a day.

Joined by 5 friends, we got out of bed at around 4am and arrived home very tired indeed at around 10.30pm. We did battle with the Melbourne trams, saw some really great quilt exhibitions, shopped until we dropped, ever mindful of the 7kg cabin baggage limit and the need to avoid sharp objects, we bumped into people we knew and chatted with some we met over lunch, we even road tested the newly available HQ16, and yes I really do want one of these!

My entry in the AQC Remember challenge was there. I remember bedtime stories and had great fun arranging scenes from Little Red Riding Hood, Alice in Wonderland and other childhood favourites in my entry titled "Once Upon a Time". I loved the winning entry and the other 31 quilts in the exhibition.

A good day was had by all, though I slept fo 12 hours straight on Saturday night.

I have just a few short weeks to rebuild my strength for my one day wonder trip to the Textile Art Festival in Brisbane!

No comments: