Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Katoomba in July







The Country Pickin's retreat at CMS in Katoomba was wonderful.
Magnificent views over the 3 sisters, Lyre birds, great food, interesting projects and of course the best of company.

It's taken me a couple of days to recover, perhaps I'm not as young as I used to be.

During our 2 hour lunch breaks everyone found something worthwhile to do, some chose to have a nap, a trip down in the scenic railway to the valley floor, a shopping trip to Katoomba, or just a stroll along the cliff top to admire the view.

Log fires kept us warm and the slight chill in the air outside felt good.

We've booked again for the same weekend next year...looking forward to it already.

I'm off to Tamworth to teach another workshop next weekend, must remember to pack my winter woolies again.

No comments: