Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Sunday 14 September 2008

Hidden delight


When I'm on holiday in Qld I always make a point of visiting this quaint little shop. It just keeps getting better and better.
On my last visit I discovered that they have now expanded into the old bakery across the road. You'll need to ask Trevor to arrange to open this new shop for you.
Howard's Drapery is one of the few shops in Howard (a few kms north of Hervey Bay).

The patchwork fabric at the back of the store (and now also across the road in the old bakery) is your reward for picking your way through the very crowded shop, its full of just about everything imaginable. The first time I visited I left without ever reaching the fabric, so don't give up, push your way to the very back of the shop and find the little room off to the right.

The service is friendly but make sure you have plenty of time to spare.
It just goes to prove you can't judge a book by its cover

No comments: