Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Friday 2 August 2013

Kununurra, crocodiles and rum cake

I taught on a quilting cruise earlier this year and met Su from Kununurra.
Su invited me to go to Kununurra to teach a workshop to her group and I took the opportunity to go there during the cool season a few weeks ago.
What a great town, such a good sense of community there and what a lovely group of quilters, they looked after me so well. Kununurra is very close to the Kimberley and right on the Ord River. I took an extra day to do the tourist thing and took a trip along the Ord River, my first encounter with crocodiles in the wild. It was just beautiful...so much wild life and stunning scenery - must go back there for a longer visit.
The rum cake was delicious, sorry no recipe - it's a secret family recipe.
Sorry no photos of the quilting group, having problems loading it. Will try again tomorrow.

No comments: