Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Saturday 20 January 2007

Burgundy paint for the bedroom

I've finally decided on a colour for the feature wall in my bedroom. It will be a deep burgundy. After it's painted I'll start on a new quilt for the bed. Something more contemporary than the rather boring 15 year old quilt we currently use.
I'm not a great painter and I think my husband is a little worried about the whole process as my attitude to painting is - why put on two or three coats if one really thick one will suffice. I can't really use a roller as it is a bagwashed wall and the roller would probably cause paint to spray everywhere. I've found that if you hold the paint tin really close to the wall it's possible to load heaps of paint onto your brush with minimal mess and work it in to all the knobbly bits on the bagwashed wall . . . I will use a drop cloth ... Hmmm. I don't know how I'll manage the bit of wall behind the water bed - perhaps just leave it. Photos of before and after to follow.

No comments: